books

books

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I'm Querying

I love to write. I actually started writing YA novels two years ago and love it! I finished my first novel last year and am in the middle of querying agents, which exciting, scary, nerve-wracking, time consuming and taking forever.
Sure I can write a novel just fine (ok, it is hard work), but writing a query letter and a synopsis is so much more stressful. At least with a book you have 86,000 words to get your story just right. Trying to fit all its amazying-ness onto one page on the other hand... yikes! It makes my brain hurt... literally.
But with the help of a few other writers I think I may have a query letter worth reading now. As for the synopsis... well I'm still working on that.
Are there any other writers out there? If you have any advice to give a fellow writer on the querying process please leave a comment. I'd love to hear what you have to say!


No comments:

Post a Comment