books

books

Friday, February 1, 2013

Enjoying the Moment


Today when I dropped my oldest boy off to kindergarten I watched as he walked to his classroom. Before he reached his classroom door to go inside, I saw him stop. 
He just stood at the corner of the school, wearing his coat with the hood pulled up over his head. I wondered what he was doing, and when he would decide to actually go on in to class.
He stood there for about 30 seconds before I noticed what he was standing in that spot for. He had discovered the rain gutter leaking drips of water onto the ground and decided to enjoy it. 
There was my boy, standing under the water getting soaked, while parents and other students walked by him wondering what he was doing. 
I just had to laugh. He is such a funny kid. It is fun to see the enjoyment that kids find from little things that the rest of us just pass by in our hurry to move to the next task.

No comments:

Post a Comment